Office of Academic Program Directorate
Adama Science and Technology University, ASTU, is one of the two science and technology universities established to support the industrial development of the nation by producing competent and leading graduates in science and technology fields. The university is working aggressively to produce qualified, competent, and socially responsible professionals in the fields of science and technology through promoting research oriented science and technology education. The academic program directorate was established under the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPA) to coordinate all academic programs related matters of the university.
- Coordinate educational plan and its operation in all Schools;
- Facilitate the smooth conduct of the teaching-learning process in all programs by monitoring activities right through student registration to graduation;
- Supervise all matters related to the revision and maintenance of curriculum in all Schools in accordance with the relevant rules and regulation of the university;
- Supervise the implementation of quality assurance measures in academic activities;
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of intra-School programs and courses;
- Develop the course catalogue and periodically updates the catalogue following curriculum revisions;
- Facilitate the development of criteria and guidelines about the implementation of academic programs;
- Maintain all needed information and statistics regarding academic affairs; and
- Conduct due follow up to minimize the wastage of teaching learning time;
The academic program directorate also follows up activities related to curriculum accreditation in seventeen undergraduate programs. All the currently existing curricula were revised as per the principle of curriculum accreditation following ABET accord and its now under implementation from January 2020.